World’s Largest Manufacturer of Environmental Testing Technologies
As manufacturing and design technology have made significant advances over the years, the traditional testing regimes have not reflected an enhanced ability to reveal designed in and production induced failure modes that result in product warranty spikes or worse, product recalls. ESPEC Qualmark’s Combined Environment Accelerated Testing methodology – HALT and HASS have been providing that enhanced ability for product reliability and quality improvements for more than 20 years. They have been one of the leading manufacturers of accelerated reliability test equipment worldwide since pioneering the technology in the early 1990s. Its patented HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test) and HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screen) chamber systems are recognized as one of the fastest and most effective disciplines for design reliability testing and production screening for electronics and electro-mechanical equipment. ESPEC Qualmark is the knowledge leader in accelerated stress testing methods with over 4,500 HALT/HASS tests conducted in ESPEC Qualmark's lab facilities and worldwide installations of over 1200 systems in 33 countries in such diverse industries such as Aerospace, Consumer Electronics, Enterprise Systems, Medical, Sustainable Energy and Telecommunications.
As of December 2015, ESPEC Qualmark is a wholly owned, subsidiary of ESPEC. Being part of the ESPEC group provides access to highly advanced compressor-based refrigeration systems which can be incorporated into ESPEC Qualmark’s industry leading HALT/HASS solutions. ESPEC Qualmark Corporation continues to be a Colorado corporation and operates from its Denver facility as a standalone subsidiary of ESPEC corporation. The merger offers ESPEC Qualmark customers unprecedented value by integrating the capabilities of ESPEC, a highly respected and industry leader, into ESPEC Qualmark’s Combined Environment Accelerated Testing System.
ESPEC North America, Inc. is part of the ESPEC Group, which includes:
- ESPEC Corp.. in Osaka, Japan (formerly Tabai Espec Co.)
- ESPEC (China) Limited (Beijing & Guangzhou, China)
- ESPEC Environmental Equipment (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. in China
- ESPEC South East Asia Sdn. Bhd.
- ESPEC Europe GmbH
- Plus dealers and service agents around the world. See our entire global network here.
More About ESPEC:
- The ESPEC Group is the largest manufacturer of environmental test chambers. Total annual sales are around $380 million (2011).
- Manufacturing, sales, and service headquarters has been at our current facility in Hudsonville, Michigan since 2003. The 90,000 sq. ft. building was brand new and built to our specifications.
- ESPEC North America imports some equipment, although most is built in the USA.
- Standard and custom designed systems are supported by an engineering staff using AutoCAD and 3D modeling. All sheet metal work is automated by CAM software, allowing high-quality, repeatable manufacturing. This also allows more creativity to design attractive and functional systems.
- All refrigeration systems we make use the latest non-CFC refrigerants. No phase-out dates are applicable.
- See ESPEC videos on YouTube
- See the ESPEC Company Profile Brochure (3M PDF)