- Connectors for electronic equipment
- It applies when the product specification calls for a reliability growth program of equipment (electronic, electromechanical and mechanical hardware as well as software) or when it is known that the design is unlikely to meet the requirements without improvement
- Solder joints, glued interfaces and other parts that are stressed by differences in CTE
- Design for Reliability Processes - Early in the design processes, Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) is utilized to expose early prototypes and existing components to the full range of expected operating conditions, within a controlled environment
- This Handbook is intended for use by both contractor and government personnel during the conceptual, validation, full scale development, production phases of an equipment/system life cycle.
- IEC 61014
- DESIGN FOR RELIABILITY HANDBOOKTECHNICAL REPORT NO. TR-2011-24
- MlL-STD- 1540C
- Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) Procedure - EAD-460/12/00
- EMBRAER Quality Requirements for Suppliers
- GM WORLDWIDE ENGINEERING STANDARDS GMW8287
- Shenzhen Metrology and Quality (SMQ) Institute Guide for Defining and Performing Highly Accelerated Tests
Failure Type :
F(v) = Failures accelerated by vibration (solder joint issues, mechanical issues, many others)
Typical Failures Detected:
- High mechanical fatigue quickly weakens marginal mechanical design issues.
- Vibration causes all components to resonate, resulting in maximum component displacement, and consequently, interference.
- Fatigues weak and marginal designs very quickly.
- Tests connector interconnects for integrity under stress
RS shock vibration
Qualmark Accelerated Reliability System: